Take a trip down the rabbit hole with Alice in Wonderland themed sugar cookies
“If you make a mistake, don’t lose your head,” write Pierre A. Lamielle and Julie Van Rosendaal in Alice Eats of Five, Seven and Two’s Painted Red Sugar Cookies. “A little paint can fix it up and if that fails, brush up on your cookie baking. It’s more difficult to execute someone who has just given you cookies, so stack the deck in your favour make the cookies
1. In a bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer until pale and light; add the egg and vanilla and beat for a minute, until smooth and blended.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the sugar mixture and stir by hand or beat on low speed just until you have a soft doug Belstaff Jackets h. Shape the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic and refrigerat Belstaff Jackets e for half an hour.
3. When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the Belstaff w Belstaff Jackets ayfarer dough out to about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Cut the cookies into card shapes or flowers, hearts, spades or a combination of shapes and place 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
1. Put the egg yolk in a dish and add a few drops of food colouring. Mix with a fork until well blended. Use a small paintbrush to paint the unbaked cookies with the red “paint.”
2. Bake for 14 minutes, until the cookies are pale golden around the edges and the paint is dry and glossy. Using a thin spatula, transfer to a wire rack.
About the author belstaff outlet